A decision to loose weight should be considered twice, before you make the choice to pursue weight loss.
Diet based on denial and funneliing of available food option, leads to severely under-fueling your body triggers obsessive compulsive eating, defeating your weight loss goals.
Instead of the "Don't" attitude, towards food and lifestyle modifications; adopt the "Do" philosophy on change management in personnel care.
Here is a list of suggestion on vital steps into dietary planning:
- Do look to make behavioural and food changes over the long-term. The results would be sustained and multiplied over time.
- Do concentrate on mood elevation and feeling well; replenished full of energy, and not a attire or a number on the scale.
- Do include fruits from different category items, such that you relish a wide variety of foods from all the food groups.
- Do rely on natural foods readily available in the retail store without needing to buy diet meals, pills or potions. Soon you experience that a long-term dietary success originates from learning to balance real fruit salads in your meal.
- Do consume at least 2000 calories each day. Below this you feel that your tummy is full, but you would be having malnutrition.
- Do listen to your body rhythm. Eat when you're hungry and not as a response to an anxiety when you feel agitated, excited, bored or sad. Stop at a serving less, when you're full.
- Do have a relaxation period at least for 15 minutes, while your digestive system becomes functional and sends message to brain on feeling full.
- Do plan your daily meals such that there is no over consumption of snacks at the cost of regular meal.
- Do aim for a weight loss goal no more than two pounds per week. The excess weight loss more than 1.5-2 pounds per week brings-in stress on your body health. Losing over two pounds translates to loss of excessive amount of water, minerals and muscle loss.
- Do bring in changes in your food, dietary planning and life-style modifications gradually, achieving success one step at a time as against a to fall gigantic leap
- Do set realistic short and long-term goals that mean an achievable target for weight loss is drawn. Too high a goal is frustrating, since it’s never “all-or-none” position with your body health.
- Do break down long-term goals for weight loss and dietary planning into manageable and achievable short-term goals for diet, physical exercises. Plan and bring changes in your the daily diets with variation/introduction of newer food items that re-kindles your faith.
- Do include exercise in your lifetime plan and do what is right for your health.
- Smaller and frequent meals keep your blood sugar levels stable and improve your metabolism. Drink at least eight glasses of H2O every day to quench your thirst and keeps the body hydrated.
- Do keep clean eating snacks on hand with added itenary to include lean protein content and complex carbohydrates. The healthy eating decreases or brings down synthetic insulin requirement in certain medical conditions.
- Don’t serve larger amounts of food. A larger quantity balanced-diet adds up to your calorie count and may generate additional tri-glycerides and fats that bring down health wellness and weight loss goals.
- Don’t bring down your weight loss initiate with consumption of excess sugar. Intake of excess sugar is linked to inflammation, higher risk of obesity and high blood pressure.
- Don’t head-start a week without having a dedicated meal plan. Diet planning helps in insuring clean and hygienic quality for your food.
- Don’t skip breakfast. Your morning meal builds a healthy metabolism throughout day.